Hour 14! Mia and I have made guacamole, completed our mini-challenge (you guys are so awesome we decided to give away TWO prizes), and still have not done a huge amount of reading. >.<
1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired? I’m still going pretty strong, though I’m sure that will soon change. In one hour, we’ll have been up for twelve hours.
2) What have you finished reading? NOTHING. Augh. I made good progress in Dresden, but then I had to set it aside and have flitted a little since then. I’m settling into A Fountain Filled With Blood by Julia Spencer-Fleming, but I don’t want to commit cause if I do it’ll probably be the only book I finish.
3) What is your favorite read so far? A Fountain Filled With Blood, so far! Love Clare and Russ.
4) What about your favorite snacks? Guacamole, definitely! So delicious.
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love! Not yet. Sometimes afterwards I’ll go through and find blogs, but it’s already too hard to balance reading with mini-challenges! If I add social stuff, I won’t read a page!
Now, Mia! It’s your moment to shine!
1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired? Actually, not yet! I was a bit this morning (even though we didn’t get up at the very start of the Thon) but I’m pretty well-energized now.
2) What have you finished reading? I haven’t actually finished anything yet–the nonfiction was going slowly, so I switched to a quicker read, which I’m about 2/3 of the way through.
3) What is your favorite read so far? I’ve liked both Wait Till Helen Comes (for its campiness) and Local Babies, Global Science (for its insight into infertility technology in Egypt).
4) What about your favorite snacks? That guac kicked ass. I would show y’all a picture if my computer were working properly! Unfortunately, the wireless card is on the fritz so we’ve had to borrow my boyfriend’s Macbook Air.
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love! Madelaine, one of the winners of our Hour 10 Mini-Challenge, has a really fun tumblr that I’ve enjoyed checking out–the picture of her kitty sleeping on her legs makes me go “aww.”
Okay, y’all, back to the grindstone! (Bookstone? Grindbook?)