Goooood morning, fine friends and Read-a-Thon-ers! Mia here, and Jessica and I are finally ready to ring in the Read-a-Thon and start reading! (It’s funny how much more appealing this sounds at 7:30am than it did at 5:00.) Here’s my version of the introductory meme to get us started:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Jessica and I are reading from my place in the Central Valley of California!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I’m really interested in finally reading Tekkon Kinkreet, a pretty well-known graphic novel by Taiyo Matsumoto, because I bought it like three or four years ago and somehow never got around to it.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Homemade guacamole! The avocados are just sitting there, staring at me.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I just dyed my hair orange and black for October, and for some reason my cat is extremely frightened by Jessica. Poor cat. Poor Jessica.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? This time I’ll be reading from my birthday-present Kindle Paperwhite, so that’s different! (I left my last Kindle on a plane, because I am a dummy.)
Take it away, Jessica!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? The opposite side of the couch from Mia!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I’m looking forward to all of the books for different reasons, maybe particularly the Butler as I’ve been meaning to read the rest of the books in the Patternmaster series (I’ve only read Wild Seed).
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Most definitely the guac!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I have always had cats and it’s sad that Flat Tire (Mia’s cat) doesn’t like me. Love me, cat, like I want to love you!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? Well, last read-a-thon was a bit weird as Mia and I had made plans that meant we only read for a portion of the 24 hours. I only read one book! So I’m looking forward to a more intensely read-y day today. :)