Here is my (Jessica!) TBR for this Read-a-thon. A couple of comics for when I’m burning out, a couple of things I need to read for other people, and a few things that have been on my list for a while! And, of course, my Kindle at the very tippy top.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? My house in the Yay Area of California!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I’m pretty excited about all of them, but I’m starting with Newt’s Emerald by Garth Nix (on my Kindle) and am super enjoying it so far.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Mia asked for these cookies she remembered from her childhood – creme sandwich cookies with a thumbprint of jam! I’ve never had them before, but they look scrumptious!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am a math tutor, but no math for me today! :D
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? This is our sixth or seventh ‘thon and I feel like we’ve got it pretty down, to be honest! I did buy plenty of easy snacks and meals to prepare, more than usual!
Okay, Mia here and ready to rumble! Gaze upon my book stack, ye mortals, and despair:
That doesn’t count the legion of ebooks I also have at my disposal, of course. Oh, Kindle, you’re always there for me.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Jessica’s awesome home in the East Bay, which is full of hilarious cats and comfortable blankets.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Prairie Ostrich by Tamai Kobayashi comes to me highly recommended by a Canadian friend whose taste I deeply admire. Also, Emily Carroll’s Through the Woods and anthology The Sleep of Reason, because it’s almost Halloween and horror comics are gonna be a great way to keep myself awake into the wee hours of the morning.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I too am looking forward to the sandwich cookies–I haven’t had them in an age–but we’re also going to experiment with queso and chips, which sounds like the exact kind of junk food I could go for today.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I spent yesterday working registration at the biggest alumni event of the year at my local university and place of employment. I was a little nervous, but alums who are in town for fun and nostalgia are wonderfully patient and accommodating.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? I told Jessica that she should say she was going to read while standing on her head today, but she demurred, so I’ll have to take up the torch on that one.
Update (A new challenge appears)
Hiya! This is Brian here tagging along w/ my sister and Mia for my first ever readathon!
Sadly I didn’t really prepare a variety of books for the readathon since I wasn’t expecting to do it, but luckly I just went to the library!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? It’s a cool and bright Autumn day in Denver! My roommate is off camping so it’s just me and two big old hounds (who aren’t big readers).
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I’m hoping to get into a bit of Invisible Cities since the Sister has been harassing me about it for… 5 years (more like 8! – Jessica)? Someday I’ll read it I swear! I’m looking forward to trying out Griffith’s Ammonite though, as it’s been highly recommended to me and is a differenty sort of SF.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I did not plan well for my long term survival today =(. That said, I have a goodly amount of chocolate, as well as chips, cheese, and homemade salsa!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m a grad student in Denver, where I study cities and sustainability! If you look close, you can, ah, see that I’ve got a work book in that reading pile for the day ~cough~ >.>
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? This is my first readathon! I don’t know how well I’ll do, really – I’m a pretty good focused reader so my hope is that that’ll work in my favor!