Yes, friends, it’s that time again: that time when Nisaba Be Praised clutters up your feed reader with a marathon of blog posts about reading and reading-related activities. I know–I, Mia, am excited too. I’ll go first for the intro meme.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
As is traditional, I’m reading from Jessica’s house in the East Bay. It just might rain here today, which is very thrilling for we dehydrated Californians.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Please admire said stack. It is very beautiful.
I might be most jazzed about New Kids on the Block: Backstage Surprise, if only because I’ve already read part of it, and it is exactly as good as you would expect. I think we’re going to have a wild time reading it out loud to one another.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Oh man, we stocked up on so many good snacks yesterday! Sweet potato tortilla chips and bean dip, those South-African-spiced chips that TJ’s has, crackers and cranberry goat cheese. Jessica also has a subscription box of snacks from around the world, and this month’s was from the Netherlands; in particular, there are these little wafer cookies that, instead of being strawberry or vanilla or whatever, are gouda-flavored. They sound really weird but I LOVE THEM. Come to me, gouda wafers.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I am Mia; my feet are cold; and I have never, ever heard a NKOTB song.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
One difference between this year and previous readathons is that I’ll be taking a break in a couple hours to go have brunch and do a clothing swap with some other friends. Events just kind of snowballed this weekend so I’m doing my best to have my cake and eat it too. Or, in this case, my quiche.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? My house in the grand ol’ area of the Bay.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Hmm, I think I have a pretty great stack up there, but I might most be looking forward to Frankenstein, which is living on my Kindle.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Cranberry goat cheese and crackers! I always look forward to that coming back to Trader Joe’s.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am a big soccer fan (go Quakes!) and went to a game yesterday!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I’m not planning on doing much differently, but I do have more comics in my stack than usual and I think that’s a good thing!