Hour 0 – Opening Meme
Ha-HA, it’s my turn to fill this out while Jessica’s in the shower! I haven’t been Readathonning as long as Jessica has, but I’m so glad that she invited me to join her that first time…howevermany years ago it was. Memory isn’t my strong suit, but I love the traditions that Jessica and I have made in doing the Readathon together. We read funny passages to each other, team up in the mini-challenges, and have an amazing time!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Jessica’s place in California. I flew down just for this as a special occasion, now that I live several states away!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? My stack is small because I was limited in my carryon space (and weight!) but it’s full of good things:
I’m actually most excited about a book on my Kindle, though: Fledgling, by Octavia Butler. I started to read it the other day and then thought, I’m going to save this for Readathon! So I’ve been eagerly awaiting it ever since.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? We went out to dinner with a bunch of friends last night and there’s leftover lamb tikka masala in the fridge that I’ve got my eye on…
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I too am hungry. Jessica, let’s go eat.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? The big difference this year is that I’m going to have to hustle when Readathon is over, because I have a flight to catch back to Washington Sunday afternoon! Better read while there’s time!